Sunday, December 26, 2004

Wow! I'd forgotten I'd set this up...cool!
Having ignored it for 9 months, I can now see how my life has changed in a relatively short time.

It's the day after Christmas, and I haven't taken a sick day or vacation day in FOUR MONTHS. No one is more surprised than I am. It must be paying off, because on the 23rd my promotion came through! WaHOO! No more secretary! Now! Ever again! Thirty years of one's life is enough in the caring and support of others. I know...it isn't serving the poor of Calcutta...but but but....

A cubicle without a service counter, a window of my own to daydream out of (it only looks out on the top of the palm tree outside, but at least it's OUTSIDE)

There's a raise involved, too. The boys will still need scholarships and grants to get through college, but at least we know the bills will be paid and there'll be food on the table, even if Daddy flakes out on the child support. Since he's on wife number three, and she has one in the first grade, it is not outside the realm of possibility. Fingers crossed that he at least keeps up with the current payments. We have a disagreement about how much back support he owes, and I wouldn't make any bets on whether or not I ever see the rest of the money. At this point, I'd be happy if he just gave the money to OS (older son) to pay for tuition.

The kid is working his butt off to keep his car running and tuition and books paid for. All I can provide is a place to live and food to eat while he makes his way. Associates Degree down, and core curriculum of BS in Industrial Design to go. Either way, I know he can do it, so long as we back him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment