Saturday, July 23, 2005

Long Time, No Blog

Well, life DOES go on...sometimes whether we want it to or not.

Turned out my Mr. Right wasn't. Darn. I got a "It's not you, it's me," phone call in early June. The problem with those calls, is that we never believe it. It MUST be me, right? Who else was with us all that time? I seriously want to know what turned off the love in his head. What's supposed to be a gentle letdown starts a storm of conjecture: What'd I do? Is it what I said at the bar last Saturday? Is it that he finally saw me naked? Do I have an annoying habit I'm not aware of? Crap.

ANYway, the trip to Kauai went far to salve my hurt feelings. It's a beautiful place, indeed. The thing is, it's a small island. Once you've seen it, you've seen it. So, unless there's a place you REALLY want to spend a lot of time at, it can get boring. Not being a hiking/surfing/scuba/beach chick, I think I'd go buggy if I stayed there too long. If I go back to Hawaii, it'll be to Maui (to see what's changed since 1987) or the Big Island. Pictures WILL be posted.

YS and I went to the eye doctor today. He's thrilled to be getting new glasses. His vision is very poor, and his glasses are almost a part of him. They're VERY important in his world. The old frames kept coming apart, the lenses would pop out, and he lived in constant fear of not being able to see for the rest of the day. Shame on me for making him wait until the insurance allowed him to get new frames. While we were there, they fixed his old frames, too. That means he'll have a back up pair from now on. Yay.

I'm trying contacts again; this time monocular so I don't have to put on reading glasses. We'll see how it works. I hate wearing glasses.

2 comments:

  1. Gee wizz .. u r a real blog-savvy mum .. my mum can't operate a PC and my Dad only knows how to play "Freecell"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Froggy, I've been working on computers for a loooong time. A good portion of my job entails finding ways to get existing applications to do what we want them to, or making my own modifications within my extremely limited programming abilities.

    I taught my boys not to be afraid to crack the case and get inside their magic boxes, so they're forever making their own improvements to their hardware, too.

    If you don't fear something, you can learn to get the most out of it.

    Thanks for reading, by the way. I don't get many visitors.

    ReplyDelete