Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A Big Birthday in Our House

21 years ago today, I was in Tarzana Medical Center with a pitocin drip in my arm, waiting to have a baby.

Yep, OS turns 21 today.

I'd like to make it a grand and festive occasion, but am not sure how much so it will be. His younger brother is still ticked off at him for the fight they had last Friday, and he doesn't have friends here...they're all back in California.

There's a cake with candles and a gift from Mom waiting for him. I wanted to take him out for his first legal drink, but he has a cold, and I think I'm coming down with it, too. Ugh. I'll ask him if he wants to go, but doubt he'll take me up on it.

He travels to visit his Dad in CA on Thursday, returning Saturday night. Hope that goes well for both of them. I know YS is looking forward to a bit of peace while he's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment