Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sunday Night

After a hectic and enjoyable Saturday, this has been a very relaxing day of rest.

Woke up early and got chores done before 8:30 a.m.

My new contact lenses and computer glasses were in, so I went over to the optometrist's office to pick them up (with OS in tow). Tried on some color ones, too. I think I'm going to get a box of green ones after my next check comes in.

Took OS out to breakfast, and then we went to Samurai Comics. Next stop was Bookman's for used books, music and DVD's. I found some sheet music and a horror book; OS walked out with a bunch of RPG books for less than $6 apiece. Since they retail for a minimum of $20 new, he was quite pleased with his finds.

We headed home, and he disappeared into his room to go through his new books. I decided to watch a movie and take a nap before getting ready to go out dancing.

Ms. Kat picked me up at 8, and we headed over to meet the bunch at My Ole Man's. There was a really good rock n roll band there, so naturally we danced a lot. Unfortunately, I had chosen to wear my adorable, but not very comfortable, little white sandals. My feet were killing me by the end of the night.

We got home by about 1. After grabbing something to eat, I hit the sheets.

Ms. Kat called me about 9:15 this morning, and I was not ready to go out to breakfast with the bunch. I'd had about 6 hours of sleep, and my feet were in agony. So, back to sleep for a few hours, and feeling much better when I did finally get up.

Made some jewelry, cleaned the kitchen again, talked to a prospective web design client, cooked dinner, read my new book. Ms. Kat called to invite me over to go swimming with some of the group, but I think I'll likely just relax and finish up what needs to be done before I head back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment