Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sorry, Blog.

I've been avoiding and neglecting you. If you were a pet, you could be dead by now. If you were a plant, maybe dead, maybe straggling along on your last legs. But you're electrons, and live on in the Great Out There until I come back to visit you again.

I think I've let up on writing because of the return to full-time work. The jewelry making has fallen behind, too. It will be interesting to find out whether time will help acclimate me to the work schedule, then let me phase the other activities back in, or whether I'll go back to feeling tired all the time. The former would be preferable to the latter.

It's a good thing I don't own a dog.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, Sue. Of course you're tired. You'll have to acclimatize yourself to full time work again, and after a bout of illness, too. I remember the feeling all too well. I struggled like that for many years until almost 12 years ago when I started my own business, for just that reason, I didn't feel like getting out pounding the pavement looking for work at my age when my boss was retiring. Best thing I ever did. Thanks, Bonnie, wherever you are now, the receptionist there who suggested I start my own business. What a stroke of genius. And I followed up, lost all my savings, worked part time for years, struggled, and now it's okay. Things will be fine, Sue. I was tired for years. But things will get better. And maybe you, too, can some day arrange your life to work from home or somehow to make a living that doesn't require such sacrifice. And it IS an accomplishment. You are in a professional position and have done much better than I. You are a genius, Sue, and very stubborn (as we have to be) and you will be fine. I love you, Sue.

    ReplyDelete