Thursday, May 06, 2010

Never Can Say Goodbye

I actually passed on  going to a retirement send-off for a man I used to work for at my company. He's a nice guy, and it's sad to see him go...but...It was more about timing than anything else.

When something begins in the downtown area around four, and goes until six, you either have to pop in and pop out again really quickly, or hunker down with a drink and some food until rush hour is over. Given that it was held at a Mexican restaurant, and I'm trying to take off the 15 lbs gained over the past year, it seemed best to extend my regrets. Two hours drinking margaritas and chowing down on mini chimichangas would undo all the efforts (and SELF DENIAL!) of the past weeks.

Apologies will be extended. If it had been held under a ramada in a park with some beer, a bucket of chicken and some salad, it would have worked out better for me. And it's all about me, right?

Always, and don't you forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment