Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day - May 31st

It seems inappropriate to wish anyone a "happy" Memorial Day. It does provide a time away from work, though, and that's what most people appreciate most. I'd be willing to bet that most don't think past the barbecue grill to remember the people who gave up their lives in service to our country. Whether one believes a war is just or not, the people who served made sacrifices that none of the rest of us can ever really understand.

That being said, both of my grandfathers and my dad saw service in wartime, and they were no more averse to hot dogs and hamburgers on a long weekend than anyone else.

There will be no barbecue for me today. After wandering zombie-like through yesterday, a solid night's sleep was welcome. If I allow it, the energy can be summoned to accomplish at least three chores, one of which has been hanging like the sword of Damocles for a long time. Time to cut the rope and get it over with, already.

More later when I can report any progress made...

No comments:

Post a Comment