Monday, April 11, 2005

Good Weekend

What a good weekend this was.

Friday night was restful, which was good, because Saturday was a BUSY day.

Saturday, took YS and his Beloved out to find corsage (okay, floral armband) and boutonniere (sp?) for Prom this coming weekend. Beloved chooses odd times to not speak up about her preferences. Interesting. We finally arrived at a florist we liked and four white roses with blue ribbon and little pearls hanging off. Should be very pretty.

Also took them to the location of the prom, so I could walk them over to the restaurant where they'll be eating dinner. They don't go downtown much, and I don't want them wandering lost on prom night, looking for the Hyatt.

YS also required a haircut, so that's out of the way, too, now.

Dashed home to get ready for my first Red Hat Society lunch. It was held at the Wrigley Mansion, and was LOVELY. I was trying to figure out if I could hide in one of the closets 'til everyone went home and stay the night, but decided that an arrest would probably put a damper on the weekend.

Nice Man (NM) called to check in on our date toward the end of the luncheon. We agreed on a 7:40 showing of Sahara (fun buddy-adventure movie, and Matthew McCauhnehy sp? is so pretty to look at), and whatever we felt like afterward.

As it turned out, whatever was going to a nearby bar I know to have a drink or two and listen to a live band. Notice I said "live" band, and not "great" band. They certainly were loud, and the lady who drank all the tequila was entertaining to watch. I got home around 2.

Sunday, I did some clearing out on the junk pile on the patio, which made OS feel better, and me feel righteous. I was tempted to fall back into bed for a snooze to reward myself, but NM invited me to his house to watch DVD of my choice (he has quite a collection) on his big screen TV.

I chose Chronicles of Riddick, since I couldn't find anyone to go see it in the movies with me, and we went to a local Chinese restaurant that was REALLY good for dinner.

He is REALLY good to hug. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment