Wednesday, June 23, 2010

So, who cares, Sue?


Did WATP Muscle Mile first thing this morning. There wasn't as much perspiration this time, so maybe I'm ready to move up to the next level. Figured get it out of the way before the couch potato syndrome kicked in.

A man from the City of Glendale pounded on the front door at 7:30 this morning to inform me that the water will be shut off from 8 to 10 am. Good that 1) I was already awake, and 2) all my water pitchers and ice cube trays were full, and, um, most personal activities were already completed.

OS, however, had not been awake, and came stumbling out of his room to find out what the heck was going on. I explained, and he went back to bed. Now, someone is using a jackhammer on the pavement right outside his bedroom window. Can't imagine that is very pleasant for him. What's the matter with those people? Don't they know he didn't fall asleep until 3 am? The nerve!

Still no noise from the GL front, so I'm going on the assumption that everything is okay. Actually, I've decided my only concern is that they will try to get GL to revoke my POA and change her will back. I'm the executor of the will, but GrandDaughter and her kids get everything after final expenses are paid. The only change made was that her son is no longer the executor.

Good luck to them if they try to do that...dementia has clearly set in with a vengeance, and nothing she signs now will carry any legal weight.

After a week with her, they aren't going to want to take on what I've been doing for the last year, anyway. Whatever...they have a good deal and ought to be grateful for it.

Calorie intake for yesterday was higher than I wanted, but an overwhelming desire for sweets took over about 8:30. At least I was able to direct it toward fruit and something relatively low-cal with calcium in it. After the last DEXA scan, I'm taking every opportunity to have calcium-rich foods in addition to the horse-pill-size supplements twice a day with my multi-vitamin and glucosamine chondroitin (did I spell that right?). Even though I take everything with food, combined with my other meds, I sound like a maraca if I move too quickly right afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment