Saturday, January 29, 2005

Saturday morning, and I've been up since 7. WHY do I do that? I could sleep until noon, but I get up with the sun. Of course, if I stayed in bed, I'd likely stay there all damn day. In the long run, it'll be more productive to wander the house before the boys wake up.

Can't start laundry because OS left his clean stuff in the dryer last night. If it's still in there by 9, though, all bets are off. I'm going to gather it up and dump it in his room. I have a LOT Of dirty clothes to get clean, and it's going to take a while.

Other than the laundry and lunch with an old friend tomorrow, my weekend is clear. That's probably a good thing.

This sinusitis is NOT going away. The headache ebbs and flows, but the pressure in my face and ears stays. I know, I know: "Why doesn't she just go to the doctor?" Because you call the doctor when you're feeling miserable, and they can't see you for a day or two, and your condition will likely have changed by then anyway. Because I haven't run a fever through this whole thing, and if it was an infection there would have been a fever (right?). Because you sit for a half hour in the waiting room (getting up and down as the receptionist calls you back repeatedly to provide insurance cards and fill out forms) to be seen by the doctor for 15 minutes. Because I have to take time off from work to do it, and I don't want to burn my PTO on what might turn out to be allergies-and-you-just-have-to-live-with-it. That's why. But, after two weeks of this, I will likely just have to break down and go.

Maybe, if I get really ambitious, I'll go out on the patio and sort through some more of the stuff we took out of the shed. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment