Monday, July 19, 2010

Bye Bye Colorado

After spending the past four days with my folks in Colorado, it's time to head back to the Arizona heat. Heat is to Arizonans what snow is to Minnesotans, except less fun. If there were no such thing as air conditioning, I'd be forced to live in...where would you not need A/C these days? The heat wave covering the country makes it seem no place is immune anymore.

Suggestions, anyone?

I had debated canceling this trip in light of mental health issues, but am now glad I didn't. Because there was someone else to get me to the airport and back, and the planes have departed on time and less than full, the most stressful part of traveling (for me) has proven negligible.

Being with family, celebrating Dad's birthday, enjoying glorious Colorado weather (for me--the Coloradans are horrified by the heat) have all proven therapeutic. I am far calmer now than a week ago at home.

How much of that therapeutic benefit will last longer than 24 hours will help determine what environmental factors are having a big impact, and whether or not the new meds are doing a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment