Saturday, August 14, 2010

Another Week Ends

Someone on another forum mentioned mustard pickles, which set me thinking about pickles. Yeah, "Deep Thoughts", eh?

My Great-Grandmother made watermelon pickles, and they are a fond memory of my childhood. Not everyone knows what they are, and not many places carry them. When I can find them, the cost is over $4US for a jar about 1 1/2" diam x 4 1/2" high. Ridiculous. It's a good thing they're expensive, though. I would certainly eat way too many of them if they were cheap and readily available.

Still, Great-Grandma would have a real revenue opportunity were she still around today. Hers were much better than the best I can find in shops now.

A friend is about ten years older than I am, and recently bemoaned the fact that she thinks she looks older in new photos. I've been whining to myself about the same thing...and, well...poo. At least I'm here to look in the mirror, and there's less of me than there used to be. More, too, but talking the Big Picture, here. Overall, you know.

She has laid out a weekly program that includes Gym, Yoga, and Jujitzu! I'm trying to get to the point where I do the stupid walking video every morning. Hers is a great plan; exactly what would be terrific to accomplish. She is more ambitious than I, right now.

I need to plan things out more to help motivate and organize my actions. I now plan to plan.

Plan:

  1. Get up by 7:00 a.m.
  2. Do minimum 1/2 hour exercise video
  3. Eat a breakfast of around 300 calories
  4. SHOWER AND DRESS
  5. Check email and other items on computer. Shut all programs and turn off the monitor
  6. Get stuff together and LEAVE THE HOUSE
  7. Accomplish something (today: bank deposit, Costco for items on list, treat myself to a movie?)
  8. Come home and do something (today: put away groceries, empty the dishwasher, make more jewelry)
  9. Take medication when the alarm signal goes off
  10. Go to sleep by 11:00 p.m.
That looks okay for a daily plan. When I get to the point where I complete everything on the plan every day, I'll be doing well.

Today, I missed #1, did #2 and #3. Next is #4, and...I'll follow my plan. That would be a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Your friend who is older probably doesn't follow her own plans all that well anyhow, Sue. Hey, wait a minute. I'm ten years older than you! And I don't do well with walking videos. I have to get out there and walk in the outdoors, and in Arizona that means 110 F heat most days I would think, let alone traffic and...you know, Sue, I think you're doing far better than your friend could given the same circumstances. Give yourself a big pat on the back. Give yourself a treat. And yes, we all need a plan, but you know what they say about rules.

    ReplyDelete