Sunday, August 15, 2010

See What Happens When You Go Out of the House?

Yesterday, went to the credit union, visited Grandma Lee, and then called a friend whose home is between the nursing home and my place to see if he was around. I had the new jewelry I'd made, and wanted to show him and his mom.

As it turned out, two other friends were there, too, so I stopped by. We had a nice visit, then his parents headed out to church, and our other friends headed for home. Jim and I sat and talked (he MADE me eat a sandwich, LOL) until his Mom and Dad returned.

His Dad had backed into my car (parked in their driveway) on the way out of the garage when they left for church. They felt SO bad about it. Jim's parents are in their eighties, and constantly amaze me with their energy and interest in activities. How could I get upset, really?

The car is drivable. The driver's side door is dented and scraped, and won't open from the outside. I get in the passenger side, lean over to open the door, then get out and go around to get in. It opens fine from the inside.

The back door is damaged some, too.

We both called our insurance companies, so am just waiting to hear from adjusters. I use American Family Insurance, and Jim's family uses 21st Century. I've heard some not-so-great stories about 21st Century, and hope they will handle the claim quickly, and with a minimum of hassle.

Not too long ago, this would have thrown me into a tailspin for sure. Coping with it well gives me even more confidence that the situation between my ears is getting better.

Picked up my new eyeglasses today at Costco. Decided to try something a little more fashionable than I usually do. I've worn wire-rim or rimless glasses for a very long time. It feels like a big change to me.

I like them. I don't love this picture (no makeup, hair barely brushed), but it's the only one I have right now, so deal with it, right?

2 comments:

  1. Sue, I LOVE your new glasses! And your hair is fine - you look lovely, my dear. You also look young and slim. Congratulations on handling the car episode so maturely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, I too love the glasses, change is good and you are changing SO much in your life for the better!  Keep it upLuv Linda B

    ReplyDelete