Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Der Motorvaterr

Had a therapy appointment this afternoon, and therefore had something to prod me away from the computer and into the shower to start getting dressed to go out.

The appointment was at 1:15, and it takes 20-25 minutes to get there. I woke up around 9:45. Did I accomplish anything between awakening and noon? No. Not really. Damn You, FACEBOOK!!!!

It turned out there wasn't enough time to stop at the bank on the way, so I need to bring two weeks' worth with me next Tuesday. I hate when I do that. On the other hand, there is another paycheck between now and then. Was there subconscious motivation (or de-motivation) involved? Thank goodness she was kind enough to let it ride for a week. She knows I'm good for it.

OS decided a change was called for on his birthday yesterday. He went from having below-shoulder-length hair to cue ball last evening. That was something it was better for me to experience from a distance and after the fact. From the facebook photos, it looks like it might have been more intense than I could have handled well.

Went to the nursing home to visit GL. She was out like a light when I got there at 2:25. I woke her up and we were just beginning to talk when her therapist (cognitive--Mandy) showed up. GL needs Mandy more than me right now. I can go back later in the week. At this point, I don't know if she'd notice if I didn't show up at all. I'll go anyway, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment